Thursday, September 16, 2010

"All this breathing in, never breathing out..."

While looking around on FB earlier, I discovered a little gem.  The title of it is "15 Albums That Changed My Life."  It's not supposed to be what you think are the best albums you've ever heard; it's what you think are the 15 most important albums to your life.  Apparently, I'm supposed to post this on FB as a note and tag 15 of my friends.  Instead, I thought I'd just post it here.  I wanted to add little blurbs about why they were so important to my life, but it seems more interesting to me to just list them and let you think/judge me as you want (even though I've linked to videos of my favorite tracks from the albums or songs that I think are the most powerful).  You can reciprocate if you feel so inclined, because I always find these kinds of things to be a fun exercise in learning more about people.

And now I present, in no particular order:

1. Ben Folds Five- Whatever and Ever Amen
2. Dave Matthews Band- Under the Table and Dreaming
3. The Beatles- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. Save Ferris- Modified
5. Radiohead- OK Computer
6. Jimmy Eat World- Bleed American
7. Florence + the Machine- Lungs
8. Girl Talk- Feed the Animals (this video is Greg talking about how he makes a mashup, LOVE it)
9. Rilo Kiley- More Adventurous
10. Motion City Soundtrack- Even If It Kills Me
11. Tori Amos- Under the Pink
12. Weezer- Blue Album
13. Green Day- Dookie (this video changed my taste in music in 3 short minutes.)
14. The Smiths- Hatful of Hollow
15. Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness

(can you tell I'm a child of the 90's??)
(UPDATE: I edited this on December 31, 2013 so all the links would work.  You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment