Friday, December 10, 2010

Who's the big winner?

Jeskuh's the big winner!

Lately, I find myself to be something of a super duper contest enter-er.  (Enter-er is a word... right?)  I have won a random amount of stuff, including but not limited to a Charles David shoe bag, an audio version of a Sherlock Holmes novel, a Tinkerbell DVD, and a JMU homecoming shirt.  I also tend to give most of these away, because while I am glad to win them, others will enjoy them more (or the shirt is too big for me!).  I enter to win lots and LOTS of books from all the YA book blogs I follow, but I hadn't been successful.

UNTIL... I found out an old friend from HS runs a YA blog.  And she was having a super fun giveaway for the book Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.  I knew nothing about it, but it sounded pretty fun, I'm always looking for new things to read, and the giveaway included an Edgar Allan Poe "action" figure.  Being a Richmond girl at heart, a little Poe always reminds me of home.  And also opiates.

Anyway,  I put my name in the proverbial hat, thinking nothing would come of it.  But, I think we all know how this story ends.
Yeah, I totally won.

Which, as you can tell by the cheesy grin on my face, is so awesome.

(Also, this is the 4th of a 5 pic photo shoot Hubs did using the iPhone to capture the moment.  In the others, I look like the rejected dwarves CrazyEyes, Unprepared, Hungry, and Blurry.)

The entire prize pack seen to the left includes the aforementioned autographed Nevermore (with a super eyeliner-y wearing dude that looks kind of like Peter Petrelli), the Poe figure, some purple pens (which makes sense once you start reading the book), a black feather for Raven-y purposes or poking your husband in the face, and some autographed bookmarks.

In general, I am way pleased.  I feel like I never win, but odds are, eventually, it's your turn to win.  Fun fact is that I chided Friend to go ahead and send me the prize anyway, so it's extra hilarious that I won.  Hubs cannot even look at the book without laughing, because he's a terrible person like that and because he's a historical purist, so he takes issue with some of the Poe tales mentioned in this novel.  However, I am about 10 chapters in, and I'm a big fan.  It's got good mystery surrounding it, the characters are believable, and it's entertaining.  All I can ask for.


I'd like to thank Susan and Wastepaper Prose for having the contest, for pretending to be shocked when I won, and for finding me on Twitter so I could win.  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment