Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 29 – Current TV Show Obsession

I have two.  Duh.  Because I listen to Keith Mars and always take back-up.

New Girl
This has essentially been My Jam since the very first episode-- I mean, Zooey's character's name is Jessica, she sings as she speaks a lot, and when she lists her DVDs, it's like she just looked at my own shelf and started naming titles.
Also, I do this often. Gif from here
I didn't think it could live up to its first season of actual-LOL hilarity, but somehow, this season has been even LOL-ier.  We cackle through just about every episode, from soup to nuts.  Who's that girl?  Who's that girl? (it's me)
gif from here
Game of Thrones

This is the newest new obsession.  I held off on watching for a long time because I knew I'd love it, but I really didn't think I'd love it this much.  Hubs and I blew through the first two seasons in about a week and a half, so now we have to wait each week for new episodes.  We have to do what common people do.  Common people like you.

I'm getting off track.

So yeah, when you first start watching, the violence and graphic nature are kind of... difficult to watch.  Now, I'm like, "STAB THROUGH HIS ARMOR!  CHOP OFF HIS HEAD!  GO GO GO!"  One of the most recent episodes ended with an amazingly bad-ass attack that caught me off guard (as I haven't read the books), and it made me want to stand and applaud.  Heck yeah, you are Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryan, of the blood of old Valyria!! Yeah, it's violent and yeah it's not always as good to women as it should be, but... man, do I love it.  I hear that the blood and gore and terribleness will only get worse from here, and I'm way too excited about it.  I've even stopped reading spoilers!  I KNOW.

And Tyrion Lannister aka Peter Dinklage.  I love me some Dinklage.  Man is too talented and too hilarious.  It shouldn't be allowed.

3 comments:

  1. 2 of my favorite shows!! Game of Thrones is my all-time favorite show EVER right now!! I have to wait until the 3rd season comes out on disc! BOO! and Tyrion is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES BEST. I spend all week thinking about and reading about GoT, then I watch a new one on Sunday, rinse and repeat.

      Delete
  2. Yes dear, today TV has become the biggest passion of people. They possess a mania in their mind for TV shows and on daily basis too. You can come to know easily from any of the people about the best current tv shows.

    ReplyDelete