Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 25- A Song That Makes You Laugh

I have missed many days due to crazy busy-ness of life and such, so I'm going to pick up my last six days.  Rather than inundate you with lots of entries, let's just take this one day at a time, shall we?

I had to go Weird Al with this.  Long, long time Weird Al fan, almost life-long.  I know it's silly and cheesy and punny, but his songs make me honestly laugh out loud.  He puts on a durn fine show too.

My favorite is possibly his most ridiculous song ever, an original called "Albuquerque."  It's 11 minutes long.  Hubs hates it with the fire of a thousand suns.  He only lets me listen through to my favorite part, which is near the beginning when Al croons a lovely, "wakka-wakka-doodoo-YEAH."  So... that's at least one example of how ridiculously great this song is.

Fun fact: once, in NYC, while leaving a They Might Be Giants show, I heard a fellow concert-goer & stranger say, "Nah, we're out of bear claws!"  I laughed LOUDLY.  Stranger turned to me, and we slapped a vigorous high five.  Moral of that story?  Nerds love Weird Al and They Might Be Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment