Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 30- Your Favorite Song At This Time Last Year

Like I said on Day 1, I don't have an "official" favorite song, and I also don't really keep track of what my favorite songs are/have been.  I even looked back at my iTunes, my track lists, my Pandora, my old blog posts, all kinds of crap to see if I could find anything.  Turns out... nope.  Can't remember.

HOWEVER...

During the first week of March 2010, you might remember that I took a trip to Vegas with The Hubs and some other buddies.  That was just a little over a year ago from now, and I remember what my favorite song was during that trip.  Why?  Because I made a big deal of voting for it at the Hard Rock Cafe.

The Hard Rock on the strip has touchscreens in every booth where the guests can vote on the song they want to hear next.  I saw "Sick Muse" by Metric on the list, and I really, REALLY wanted to hear it.  So... I went to every empty booth and voted for it.  Every one.  Did I mention we were probably the only people in the place at the time?  No?  Well, we were, and I made sure to vote a bunch.  Then, when my song FINALLY came on, I danced around like a girl who was happy to hear her favorite song.

I miss Vegas.  I could go for some Metric, some In-And-Out Burger, and a triple cherry cola.


AND that's 30.  I really loved doing this.  I just may do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment