Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammy... Awards?

The Grammys were on last night, and I had no urge to watch it.  Whatsoever.  I have previously stated that I love award shows, but this love does not extend to the Grammys.  I think they are kind of pointless and nonsensical at this point.  I don't feel that they truly honor the people who should be honored.  It's not even a veiled popularity contest; it's just boring.  However, I ended up watching them due to unexpected but welcome houseguests, and we needed something to entertain ourselves.

There were about 400 performances last night, ranging from a song about jeans by the Zac Boring Beardy Brown Band to something so bizarre by Capt. Jamie Foxx Crunch that I don't even know what to say about it.  Beyonce sang Alanis and grabbed her non-balls surrounded by Rhythm Nation, Gaga and Elton were pretty normal, Roberta Flack wore a Bedazzled neck brace, Dave Matthews did a spastic happy dance that reminded me why I love Dave Matthews, The BEP love Target and Black Jack Dealers In Space, Bon Jovi phoned it in, and Swifty + Stevie = off key.  However, I saw about 4 awards given out.  Why even bother to masquerade as an award show when the majority of it is NOT awards?  If you want it to be lots of performances, give out the awards offscreen, and have the winners perform a week later.  This is just ridiculous at this point.

I also noticed that nothing very original or particularly good won awards.  Nothing innovative, nothing that made me say, "wow, good choice."  In fact, when the Zac Brown Band beat MGMT, Silversun Pickups, and The Ting Tings as Best New Artist, I kind of wanted to stop watching all together.  Um... what?  Have these people HEARD Ocacular Spectacular?  Are we listening to the same albums?  Just... wow.  In general, watching the Grammys made me sad for the state of music affairs in this nation.

Though, I do like Taylor Swift.

I've missed another day on the 30 Day Shred due to oversleeping (whoops!), and with said guests last night I didn't get up this morning, but my plan is to hit it when I get home from work.  I've lost more weight (yaaay!), and I still swear I look skinnier, and therefore I still like doing it.  Plus, I only have about 10 days left, so there's no point in quitting when I've gotten this far.  I am getting a LOT better at walkout push-ups, I still hate anterior raises of any kind, I weirdly like all forms of crunches, and I am still terrified of Jillian.  I will probably go back to treadmilling it once this is done, since I have that 10K to think about (see previous entry to donate to my page!), but hopefully this Shred will have kicked up my endurance, despite the fact that I haven't run in a long while.  Eek, nervous.

I'm sick of snow and coldness.  Come on, Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment