Thursday, January 28, 2010

30 Day Shred- Day I'm Not Telling

Why am I not telling?  Well, maybe because it's supposed to be Day 18 when I skipped two days recently (the day after the anniversary because I was so full from Melting Pot that I thought I might explode and another day earlier this week because I slept terribly).  Those of you keeping count at home will do the math and say it's Day 16, and you'd be correct.  I feel guilty about it all day when I miss a day.  What I find to be interesting is that when I skipped the day, especially on the day where I had a terrible night's sleep, I felt physically awful all day.  My body didn't feel right, I had hardly any energy, and it was kind of tough to get through the day.  So, for the past few days, I've made myself get out of bed and do it, and then I feel great for the rest of the day.  The thing I notice the most is the energy level.  I know it's basic body science and this is common knowledge, but it's still cool to see actually happen.

I've also been able to recommend this to tons of people, one of which specifically asked about the program rather than me complaining about being tired and sore.  I think she's awesome and she can do it, and I'll probably give her my blog link so she can read my updates about the 30 Day Shred.  If you're reading this, Hi Shiri!  If not, then there's no reason for me to leave you a greeting in my post, IS THERE?

I bought a scale as well to help with tracking.  The weight I posted earlier is from the scale at my parents' house, and all the weights I'll post from here on out will be from my own scale.  That being said, I've lost 2 pounds!  It doesn't seem like much, but it's all in the rounding.  145 rounds up.  143 rounds DOWN.  I've also lost about 2 inches off the waist as of this morning, and my arms actually have some definition!  That is a first for this pasty girl.  I've always been thin, but I've never really been muscular, especially in the upper body.  I used to get pretty smokin' leg workouts in high school from all the marching (don't make fun, that mess works), but the clarinet isn't the heaviest instrument ever.

That paragraph took a nerdy turn.

Finally, I've signed up for the Ukrop's Monument Ave 10K in March.  I think I might be a crazy person, but my mom wants to do it, and I'm running with her so we can push each other to keep going.  I'm also raising money for the VCU Massey Cancer Center.  If you'd like to donate, the link to my site is here.  I'm doing this to honor my grandpa and hope that the money I raise will help other people like him and families like ours.  It's going to be a hard battle for me to get through this race, and I'm DEFINITELY not expecting to win ANYTHING, but I know I'll be able to do it.

I made it through my two seasons of Angel, just waiting on the 3rd one to come in so I can continue.  Psych started again last night, and I'm thankful to have something to entertain my Wednesdays again now that Glee isn't back until April.  However, LOST IS BACK in 6 days.  Oh, Lost, how I miss you.  How sad I will be without you.  How I hope you explain that friggin' Smoke Monster.












Seriously, what the crap are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment