Friday, July 23, 2010

How hot is it?

Apparently, the hottest year ON RECORD.

I'm not even joking.  This is what I heard on the radio this morning.  This not-so-startling-to-me announcement was made after the DJ told me there would be a heat index of somewhere between 105 and 110 tomorrow.  ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DEGREES.  Just in case this is not completely understood, I will be INSIDE tomorrow.  ALL DAY.  I am not even planning on checking the mail (though, I just ordered some super cute stuff from Shana Logic, and I reeeeeally want it to get here already!) or anything.  I will simply be hiding out from the sunshine.

I am not surprised by this knowledge that it is the hottest year ever on record, though.  Lately, I have been thinking back on summers of the past, and I do not remember EVER being this hot and sweaty all the time.  Seriously, it's out of control.  I was started to get worried about myself, like my body was falling apart.  But, no, it's not me.  It's just the world falling apart instead.  What does disturb me is that the above article states that temperatures like this will become the norm as the climate changes.  Well... that sucks.

Al Gore is gonna be impossible to live with after this.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure i thought it was hotter on the marching band range than anywhere on earth - these days, i cant imagine going out there and marchinglines...

    ReplyDelete