Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SnOMG

This is the first chance I've had to escape the ridiculous amounts of SNOW-MY-GOODNESS-IT'S-PURE-INSANITY.  Just kidding, really.  I've been snowed in for the past couple of days, and this is the first place I've been that wasn't the apartment or the parking lot.  It's kind of weird to be doing something that's not watching bad movies and petting the dog, but still.  Gotta earn my keep :)

I'm usually a big fan of snow (at least for the first day and/or while it's falling), but this snow kind of ruined my awesome weekend plans.  I was (as previously stated) REALLY looking forward to the party on Saturday, and that didn't happen.  I got a cute present for my Secret Santa, and I probably won't be able to give it to her until January.  We also didn't get to celebrate Christmas with my brother and sister-in-law.  They live further out in "the country" as Melissa likes to say, and Tony told me on Sunday that they couldn't even get out of their development.  He did say that their driveway is the most shoveled, so they win the... award?  For most diligent?  Eh, he'd like that.  Either way, they are supposed to go up to Jersey to see her family, and I'll be on a boat (I'm on a boat!) after Christmas, so again, not until January.  Ble-argh.  I mean, I know it's just a day, but still.  I'm a sucker for Christmas, and this year, it's gotten all screwy.

The other screwy thing is that we're going to NC this year, as usual, but it'll be the first one without Grandpa.  That's going to be very, very strange.  I feel like I've been trying to prepare myself for it for a long time, but this is going to be the first test of my will and strength.  No one will take pictures of me on the sofa.  He won't be there to hug me in this precious red cardigan with his brilliant smile and bright eyes.  Oh crap, I just made myself sad.

Okay, sad over.  It's just going to be weird.  BUT, my plan is to stay with my Aunt Kris & Uncle Todd, and we'll eat fudge and MAYBE make ice cream and eat breakfast casserole and celebrate anyway.  It won't be the same, but to be perfectly honest, it will never be the same without him.  This is just something I'm going to have to get used to.

Just to post something TV related (as that IS supposedly my blog theme), NOTA WON THE SING-OFF!  Woot!  I'm pretty sure I was one of the only people actually watching this, but still.  I was so excited to hear that they won, because they really deserved it the most.  They were up against a group from Tufts University called the Beelzebubs.  While I enjoyed the Bubs and their enthusiastic performances, they are just a college a cappella group.  They showed up to the music building, just like I did almost 10 years ago exactly, and auditioned to be in this group.  They have the ability to record an album a year.  They have the funds, the support, the whatever.  The guys in Nota are 6 dudes from Puerto Rico who like to sing.  They may have auditioned, but they also were just random guys with lives and families and jobs that want to sing.  That's so much more inspiring.  Plus, I REALLY want a copy of their version of "Down" so I can listen to it over.  And over.  And over.  Again.  Loves it.

I hunted on iTunes this weekend, and I found piano versions of Paramore's "Brand New Eyes" album.  It's freaking gorgeous.  If I wasn't already married, I would totally walk down the aisle to the version of "All I Wanted."  In fact, I'm going to listen to it now.  Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment