Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST no more.

So... wow.  Seriously.  Just... holy... well... wow.

As you can see, I can't really verbalize (or blogalize) my feelings about the series finale of Lost just yet.  I'll just say that I thought it was really well-done, enough of my long-standing questions were addressed to keep me sated while still some are left open to keep us talking about this for years, and those last few scenes?  In the church?  Oh my.  OH my.  Lovely. 

I do get the feeling that this finale would have been revered or reviled, no matter what happened.  Even if it was an hour of Team Darlton rattling off answers to every unanswered question, and everything was tied up in a neat little bow, this finale would have angered viewers all over the place.  So far, I've seen only two types of responses: a) OMFG AMAZING LOVES IT WOWEEE and b) WTF THAT WAS TERRIBLE LIKE A BOWL OF STEAMING POO.  There is no inbetween.  I have not seen ANY comments of the "meh" or "it was alright" nature.  All SUPER YAYS or SUPER NAYS.

There are lots of things I want to say about Lost.  I can't muddle through my brain yet.  More to come.  I do think that this finale will be discussed more and complained about more than anything that's come before it, even Greedo shooting first.  However, until I can wade through my thoughts, check out what The Ack Attack had to say about last night's event.  I will say this: her take on the finale (one of the first paragraphs in this entry) is pretty much exactly what I took from it as well.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment