Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Breaking the first rule of Salad Club...

Some of the other office ladies and I have started a Salad Club.  Each Friday, we sign up for ingredients to bring in, and on Tues, Wed, and Thurs, we lay it all out buffet style and make our own salads.  This week is the first week of this amazing club, and I must say that it might be the best idea ever created in the history of salads.  I know it seems kind of crazy for me to be this ridiculous about salad, but dude.  It was delicious.  And I ate a salad yesterday BUT made a totally DIFFERENT one today.  This is so simple for me to be this excited about, but I am.  Everyone here is trying to lose weight (just like everyone everywhere), and this is a fun, easy, and cheap way to socialize and eat well for lunch.  Today, I had lettuce, tomatoes, red & yellow peppers, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, zucchini, a sprinkling of cheese, a couple bacon bits, some BBQ tuna, and honey dijon dressing.  It. Was. Awesome.  Someone brought in some strawberries, so I had those for dessert.  Sometimes, eating healthier makes you feel really good.  Today is one of those days.

WHICH, hopefully makes up for the Cake Batter ice cream I had last night.  Seriously, it's from a homemade soft serve place in Harrisonburg called Kline's Dairy Bar, and it made my life.  Even if this doesn't make up for it, I don't really care.  That ice cream was TOTALLY worth it.

Also, last night, I watched a Lost that finally FINALLY lived up to my expectations (maybe because they have gotten lower?), and a brand spanking new GLEE that made  me... gleeful.  I had to miss out on Parenthood (aka Lorelai Gilmore & Casey McCall in California), but I can catch that online or possibly on demand... Either way, Tuesday is shaping up to be my new favorite day of the week.

Planning on working some more on the socks tonight.  I haven't done anything on them since Spring Break, but hopefully I'll have a chance soon.  Maybe in the car on the way to the wedding we're attending this weekend...

1 comment: