Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nostalgia is mine!

I've been re-watching Buffy on Netflix, because the entire Whedonverse has been added to Instant Watch!  I freakin' love it!  As does The Hubs, who appreciates the fact that I don't have to buy the DVDs immediately... Either way, I feel connected to the Scooby Gang at times, because they are the "same age" as me, and the 3rd Season in particular makes me nostalgic.  Why?  Because it takes place in 1999, both mine and their senior year of high school.

I'm up to the next to last ep of the season (if you count Graduation Day as one 2 hour ep, which I do).  It's called "The Prom."  Buffy and Angel break up (so Angel can go help the helpless for the next 5 years in a version of LA that looks suspiciously like Vancouver), but he shows up at the prom so Buffy can have that one Normal High School Girl moment that she's craved since she became The Chosen One.  I love love love this scene, because it's so true to life AND because the song choice is so spot-on it hurts a little bit.

Unfortunately, no one on Youtube wants to make my life easier by having a video of JUST the prom scene, therefore, please enjoy this hilariously awesome verison of the Buffy/Angel saga set to one of my most favorite songs of all time.


(sigh...) I need a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment