Monday, April 5, 2010

Trying to Stop the Whiny

I feel like I need to quit whining about life.  I have a job, right?  And a husband who loves me?  And a dog who usually tolerates me?  Awesome family that loves me unconditionally even though I'm an idiot?  My car runs, I have clothes and food and shelter and a kick-ass DVD collection and a pretty TV and friends who like to see me.  Sometimes, you get so bogged down in what you don't see that you can't pay attention to what you have.  So, today, I'm concentrating on the good.  We'll see how long this lasts.

It's Spring Break here in the county, and today the office is totally dead.  Hardly anyone is here.  The phone has rung 3 times, one of which was a community member asking if schools were closed.  My plan is to knit this week, but I didn't bring it in today for fear of actually having something to do.  I brought a book instead, which will make its way out of my bag and onto the table to read in the next as-soon-as-I-finish-this.  Hopefully this week will be a good rejuvenation week, regardless of the fact that I'm actually working.

No comments:

Post a Comment