Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 13- A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure

Back in the summer of 1999, right after I graduated from high school, I went on a trip to Spain & France.  It was nothing short of incredible, and I've been dying to go back pretty much since the moment I left.  However, on the plane home, British Airways was showing a documentary on ABBA, a sort of Where-Are-They-Now piece.  In conjunction with this documentary, one of the radio stations played all ABBA songs.  When I touched down on American soil, I hugged my parents and asked if we could stop by the record store so I could purchase ABBA Gold.  I spent my freshman year of college introducing my friends to ABBA songs that weren't "Dancing Queen," and we had a blast singing the harmonies and over-pronouncing our R's.  This was all before Mamma Mia! hit Broadway and before we learned that Pierce Brosnan is a mediocre singer.

Still, these years later, I lurve my ABBA.  It's great driving music, when the weather's just getting nice, and you can roll your windows down and really nerd it up.  This one, Super Trouper, is my cheesy favorite.  The video really perpetuates my guilty pleasure love of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment