Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 16- A Song That You Used To Love But Now "Hate"

If I used to love a song, I rarely grow to hate it.  Ever.  Even silly pop songs I used to love as a kid, I still like them now, even if they are overplayed and I've heard them a million times.  So... this is the closest I've come to turning my back on a song, and a band for that matter.

I used to LOVE Incubus.  LOVE THEM.  In high school, I could constantly be found jamming out to my S.C.I.E.N.C.E. cassette (yes, CASSETTE) in my busted ole Celica.  Especially if it was Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song).  Man, that song is so sexy... Anyway, my freshman year at JMU, Incubus released a new album, Make Yourself, and I loved it too.  I used to have both albums in my car so I could rock out on my way home from work that summer.  That and 'N Sync's No Strings Attached were my soundtrack during the summer of 2000.  Wow, that's kind of embarrassing to admit.  ANYWAY, I really loved this song when I first heard it.  After it became their single, and basically their BREAKOUT single, I got tired of hearing about it.  I also got tired of hearing about how great this band was from everyone.  I mean... duh.  I already knew.  THREE YEARS AGO.  Catch up, people.  (Man, I'm so meeeeean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment