Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 22- A Song That You Listen To When You're Sad

I get teased a lot for liking what The Hubs calls "Sad Bastard Music."  I have plenty of choices to listen to when I'm sad- The Cure, Damien Rice, Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley.  Oh, plenty.  However, there's always one song that I can listen to over and over again when I'm feeling blue, and that's The Smiths' short lovely tune "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want."  No matter what the reason for the sadness is, this song works for me.  Something about Morrissey's voice just... moves me, makes me feel what he's feeling, and it just works.  What's even better is that, it's so short, so as soon as the song ends, it makes me sad and need to listen to the song again.

It's a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment