Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 05 – A book that makes you happy

Tough choice, as I tend to be a mega-fangirl flail monster whenever a book makes me happy.  I have rambled, I have raved, I have spewed nonsense words at The Hubs when describing a particularly good book.  However, I chose this book because, immediately after reading the last word, I couldn't stop grinning. And not a regular grin, but one of those ear-to-ear numbers.





















Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

Reasons this book makes me happy:
*The authors.  John Green & David Levithan are the best dudes in YA.  You know I love John Green like it's my job (which, if it was my job, I'd be Employee of the Month ALL OF THE MONTHS), and I'm a huge fan of David Levithan's collaboration novels.  Their writing styles complement each other in the best ways, though (duh) I like John's chapters more.
*Tiny Cooper.  There's nothing about Tiny that doesn't make me smile.  Just saying his name makes me smile.  Because it's hilarious.
*The ending.  My friend Matt once described the movie Little Miss Sunshine to me like this: "so it keeps getting sadder and sadder and just when you think it can't get any worse, it suddenly explodes into a giant ball of HAPPY like a roller coaster going up a hill and HAPPYYYYYY!" (which is the sound of him singing).  Now, the giant ball of happy roller coaster is the perfect way to describe the ending of WG, WG.  I feel it's impossible to read it without an enormous smile.  I may have cried and clapped while reading it.  I hope you do too!

In non-book challenge news, I saw Gaelic Storm last night, and it was really fun.  Here's a video of their song,  "The Night I Punched Russell Crowe."  It's a pretty good representation of what their shows are like- a lot of nonsense and a lot of fun.  I hope this story is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment