Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read

I'm having a really excellent Saturday, and I hope you are too!  I've got plans to go see The Hunger Games a second time with many members of the DC YA Mafia, and I just finished watching a ridiculously adorable movie that I've wanted to see for YEARS called Little Manhattan.  Yes, it stars Josh Hutcherson, but he's all of about 11 years old.  If you're looking to watch one of the sweetest romantic comedies ever, you should check this out.  I think more people should see this movie.

Just like I think more people should read this book!!

Shatter Me Pictures, Images and Photos
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Now, a lot of people have read this book, but why do I wish more people have read this?  Simply because I love this book SO HARD.  This was actually a huge factor in my becoming a member of the Wastepaper Prose team.  This book came out last October, but there were advanced copies showing up for months before.  I follow Tahereh on Twitter, and she's gut-bustingly hilarious and enormously sweet.  I had heard a bazillion great things about her debut novel, that it had all the best mix of all the best things that I like in books, and I was all grabby hands looking for it.  Susan saw my pleas on Twitter to find it, and she very graciously offered to lend me her copy back in August.  I told her I'd write a review of it, if she wanted.  And the rest is blogger history!

Why do I love this book?  It really does have all the best thing that I like in books.  It's a little bit dystopian, a little bit romance (mucho caliente romance!), a little bit X-men... it's perfect for me.  Plus, the writing is amazing!!  It's very original, and I've never read anything quite like it since.  Tahereh will be in the area next month, so I get to meet her in person and everything!  I hope she doesn't mind a big ole bag o' crazy, because that's what I'll be!

If you're looking for a good book to read post Hunger Games, this is a great pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment