Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something

I'm pretty much having a very Garfield-y reaction to today and thus I'm feeling very angry with the being awake and functioning like a normal person and having conversations and such.  This should really be a great entry, huh?

Actually, it will, because I'm talking about a book that I enjoyed so much!!

Born Wicked Pictures, Images and Photos

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

This story has lots of things that I like- witches and strong female leads and hot boys who read and seriously great writing.  There is also the added bonus of being written by someone I know, which somehow makes me more impressed.  Like, how am I allowed to be friends with such talented people?  And so MANY talented people?  Lucky me!

So what did Born Wicked do to change my opinion about something?  Well... it takes place in the late 1890's, technically making it historical fiction.  And me?  I'm not a big fan of historical fiction.  Not at all.  Even Meg Cabot couldn't get me to enjoy it, which is really saying something.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with it; it's just not usually my cup of tea.

However, if more historical fiction were written like this, I might read a lot more of them.  This is the good stuff, people.  Also, with the War on Women that seems to be happening as of late, this novel has become eerily relevant.  Even Jess thinks so!

No comments:

Post a Comment