Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 17 – Favorite quote (from your favorite book)

so when you sleep in until almost 10:30 am and then it's St. Patrick's Day and you forget to do anything other than eat corned beef and drink cider and wear your Guinness shirt, you also forget to update your blog.  Nerts.  This is the first entry that has been late in this challenge, so I'm still feeling pretty good.  Or maybe that's the cider talking.

Anyway, today's choice is kind of strange, because it says that I'm supposed to pick my favorite quote from my favorite book... but that's sort of impossible.  I have 400 favorite books, depending on the day.  Harry Potter is usually where I end up, just because it's my favorite series, but I'm trying to use non-HP for most of this.  So, I decided to choose my favorite quote from an amazing book that has always stuck with me.



"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
image courtesy of I'll Be Your Hiding Place on tumblr

Great googily moogily, doesn't this quote encompass adolescence in the best and worst way?  I love it so much.  It's the book quote equivalent of the song "We Are Young" by fun.  It's just a little slice of perfection in the middle of this book that's a little piece of perfection that subtly and wonderfully blows you away.  It's been years since I last read it, but I've carried it with me since.  I'm terribly excited for the movie (and not just because Emma Watson is in it!).

And now I kind of want this as a tattoo...

ALSO, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, here's one of my favorite songs!  It's written by an Irish man, sung by a different Irish man.  For some reason, it feels like a fitting song to include in this post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment