Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 28 – Favorite title

I've apparently been going through something of a mental crisis, where I'm like WAAAAAAAH WHY IS LIFE LIKE THIS one minute and then OMG I KNOW THE FUNNIEST PEOPLE EVER the next.  So my post-challenge blog entries should all be REALLY GREAT... and NOT AT ALL CRAZY.

Just, you know, something to look forward to.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Pictures, Images and Photos

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

This was a book I was dying to get my hands on for months and month prior to its release.  I read a very small excerpt, and it intrigued me so.  However, before I even read that little excerpt, I knew I wanted to read this just because of the title.

I just love the sound of the words together.  The name Mara Dyer is so... mysterious.  And the use of "unbecoming."  That's not a word that comes up in everyday conversation, and, for me, it brings up such lovely imagery.  I think it works perfectly with the cover (one of my favorites!!) as well as the actual plot.  Sometimes, I think titles reach too much to sound cool rather than be relative to the plot.  This one does both, and that's why I like it!

Only 2 more challenge days left!  I think I'll post a wrap up blog on Saturday, in case you don't feel like clicking through every day.  Though you should.  Because I'm hilarious!  And incredibly modest!

No comments:

Post a Comment