Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 17 – Favorite mini-series

Let's act like you don't know what I'm about to say.  That was fun, right?  All right, you wanna hear it here it go:

Pride and freakin' Prejudice, yo.

Confession time: I've never actually read the book all the way through.  I KNOW I KNOW I'm terrible.  However, watching this BBC mini-series is as close as you can get.  I will also admit, I do love the movie more than the mini-series, which many would call a blasphemous statement, BUT I see this for all of its goodness and perfection.  The first proposal, for one, is amazing in its awkwardness (see above) and wonder.  I mean, this is the reason why Colin Firth has had such a successful career.  It's this.  If you love Colin Firth in anything (especially if you love him in Bridget Jones's Diary), then you owe it to yourself to watch this.

The Lizzy here takes a while to grow on you, but it's that pair of fine eyes that wins you over.  Mini-series!Lydia is more ridiculous than ever (as is her mother who is so over-the-top), Mini-series!Mr. Collins is grody to the max, and Mini-series!Darcy sisters are properly awful.  This Jane, though?  Not the prettiest girl in the town.  Not. At. All.

Honorable mention: the similarly plotted North and South from 2004.  It's like P&P light, starring an extremely broody Richard Armitage.  Thus, totally worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment