Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 22 – Favorite series finale

Look, so Lizzie and Darcy finally kissed yesterday, and it's been basically all I can think about because SERIOUSLY such a fangirl I love it.  It's actually made me feel so fangirly that I haven't been able to read a book I've been dying to read for over a year because, while well-written and entirely entertaining, it's also really angsty and I ain't got time for that right now.

Which is why it's super random for me to use this as my favorite series finale, because it is full of angst.

It's Six Feet Under.

WARNING: IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN SIX FEET UNDER AND YOU PLAN TO WATCH IT AND YOU ALSO DON'T LIKE SPOILERS, YOU SHOULDN'T READ OR WATCH ANYTHING ELSE AFTER THIS SENTENCE.

SFU is definitely one of my top 5 favorite shows ever.  I always get a little scared to tell people that because I feel like it marks me as a super morbid person.  But it was just so good.  I started watching almost right from the beginning (yay super cheap college cable with HBO!), and I fell in love with it, with all of it.  What can I say?  I'm a fan of stories about death.

Which is exactly why I love the series finale.  Everyone dies.  Seriously.  Six Feet Under was always about death (literally), so they showed the deaths of every main character.  It's effing perfect.  Below is an almost 10 minute long video that shows the end of the finale.  I remember watching this at my parents' house the night it aired, crying my Fisher-loving eyes out.  The Fishers were one completely jacked up family (and you'd be lying if you said any member of that family was crazier than Ruth, because Hooch is crazyeeeee) but goshdarnit do I love them.  They've been with me through some very trying times, and I'm grateful to them for keeping me afloat.

(side note: Peter Krause is way more Adam Braverman than Nate Fisher at the beginning of this.  Also, I cry every time Ruth sees him on her deathbed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment