Friday, March 1, 2013

30 Day TV Challenge Day 01

March sure did sneak up on me.  For the past 2 Marches, I have done 30 Day Blog Challenges, and I didn't want to drop the ball!  So, even though I've been the worst blogger ever lately and even though I'm not sure if anyone even checks these out anymore (um... do you?), I've decided, MARCH MEANS CHALLENGES.  I've done music, I've done books.  What other form of media do I adore and talk about a LOT?  Um... oh that's right: TELEVISION.

Without further ado, I bring you:

Day 01: A show that should have never been canceled

This has always been a problematic phrase in my opinion, because what "should" and "shouldn't" be canceled are two very objective things.  I don't think lots of shows should have been canceled, but with hindsight, I'm glad that they were so those actors could go onto better things or that show can be remembered as being something greater due to its limited selection of episodes (the latter is why Firefly isn't my choice right now).  I decided to go with one show (and one honorable mention) that didn't get the chance it deserved by the people running the network.  They didn't listen to the critics, they didn't listen to the audience, they ignored the multitude of awards, and they unceremoniously tossed it into the TV Graveyard.  At least it was only mostly dead.

Of course, I'm talking about Arrested Development.  Maybe the show would've lost some of its fire a few more seasons down the line.  Maybe we wouldn't have loved it with the great nerdy fervor that we do.  However, I don't believe Fox understood the show nor did they give it the opportunity it truly deserved.  They prematurely shot their wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid they had somewhat of a mess on their hands.

Thank goodness for Netflix who will come in and help change many of those poorly chosen words.

Honorable Mention
from thesearemyfavorites.tumblr.com
Just trust me on this.  Do you love Adam Scott?  And Lizzy Caplan?  And Ken Marino?  And Jane Lynch?  I know you do.  You also SHOULD love Martin Starr and Ryan Hansen.  You should've watched this show when you had the chance... except Starz didn't tell anyone it was on.  Stupid Starz. I'm positive all of these actors have moved on to bigger and better things, but you should really see them all together, hating everything, serving hors d'oeuvres in their pink bowties. 


1 comment:

  1. I still check in!!! I'm excited about this "series"/challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete