Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 23 – Most annoying character

Whoops, I missed yesterday!  I'll blame it on having a wonderful day date with The Hubs.  We went to see My Neighbor Totoro at at theater in the district, and I simply adored it.  I haven't seen the vast majority of Studio Ghibli movies before, and I must say, I have enjoyed every single one wholeheartedly.  Totoro, though... it was just so wonderful.
I wanted to put something cute up here, because I'm about to go on a bit of a rant.  It's okay, though.  It's Most Annoying Character day.  There can only be one, and she annoys me very much, especially lately.

Rachel stinkin' Berry.

Look, I get that the point at the beginning of the series is that Rachel is annoying.  I know that her annoyance is sort of part of her charm.  I get it.  I do.  But it's been a couple of years now, and I'm just... I'm really tired of watching The Rachel Berry Show.  Lea Michele is enormously talented.  She's got a voice that I can't comprehend.  Girl can wail.  But... I'm kind of over it.  I want to know more about other characters and less about her.  Why is it that so much of the New York storyline follows her and not Kurt?  Or even when if involves Kurt, it's him talking about or worrying about her.  He had his own life.  Chris Colfer also has a voice I cannot comprehend.  LET THE BOY SING.

It's possible I'm still a twinge bothered that she got into this fake NY performance school after she flaked on her audition when Kurt didn't get in and he nailed his.  Yes, I know it's an entirely unrealistic TV show that I should have broken up with a long, long time ago.  Suspension of disbelief and moving on.

I'm very open that I'm only watching Glee at this point to hear Chris Colfer and/or Darren Criss sing.  I know that's not the point of the show.  However, if I have to sit through one more oversung solo, especially one oversung popped out solo of a RADIOHEAD song, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Clearly, I won't stop watching.  These are all idle threats.  But either give Rachel something to do besides diva out, or GTFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment